Electrical stimulation (e-stim) is a safe and efficacious modality that can be used to treat a variety of conditions including pain reduction, neuromuscular re-education, strengthening, and edema reduction.
E-Stim is utilized by attaching self adhesive electrodes to the treatment area, through which electricity can pass and interact with the sensor and/or motor nerves, depending on the type of current your physical therapist chooses.
Electrical Stimulation provides a variety of beneficial healing effects, including:
• Reduce, eliminate, and/or control pain (both acute and chronic)
• Increase local circulation
• Decrease swelling
• Improve range of motion
• Reduce muscle spasm
• Provide biofeedback (aka improve body awareness)
• Improve motor coordination
• Provide neuromuscular re-education
• Prevent or reverse muscle atrophy (especially after prolonged immobilization, such as a limb being casted as a fracture heals)
VIEW OTHER TREATMENTS:
Request an Appointment
Please complete the form below and we will get back to you within 12 hours to review your needs and schedule your free consultation. If you would like for us to verify your benefits in advance, please provide that information as well.
Refer A Friend
We appreciate your referral. We would appreciate your name and email address so that we can appropriately thank you.